Cholesterosis of the gallbladder is a disease characterized by the occurrence of cholesterol deposits on the inner surface of the walls of the organ.
Most often this disease develops in middle-aged people. There are a number of factors predisposing to the development of pathology in the human body.
Such predisposing factors are the development of obesity; decrease in the functional activity of the thyroid gland; development of fatty hepatosis of the liver; reduced immunity.
The development of the disease most often occurs asymptomatically and is detected only during the ultrasound examination of the abdominal cavity.
The most common complications of this disease are:
- The development of polyps.
- The formation of stones in the cavity of the gallbladder.
In the process of therapy, both medical and surgical treatment is used in case of detection of the disease in neglected condition.
The positive effect of the treatment is maintained only if there is a special diet for cholesterosis.
A disease such as cholesterosis diet requires you to follow very strictly to obtain improvements in the dynamics of the development of pathology.
Diet therapy of gallbladder cholesterosis
Dieting with cholesterosis of the gallbladder pursues the achievement of some goals.
The main objectives of dieting in identifying the disease are the normalization of cholesterol in the secreted bile, improving its outflow from the organ cavity, reducing body weight in the presence of its excess, restoring normal parameters of lipid metabolism.
Most often, diet No. 5 is used to limit food intake, in addition, restrictions are introduced to reduce the cholesterol content in the body and restrictions associated with the physiology of the patient.
The basic rules for the preparation of a diet are as follows:
- Obligatory exclusion from the diet of foods that increase the level of cholesterol in the blood plasma. Such products are the brains, liver, kidneys, lungs and the heart of animals. In addition, pork, beef and mutton fats are excluded from the list of permitted foods. And also egg yolk.
- Foods used in the preparation of the menu should have a low calorie and low carbohydrate content. This is due to the fact that the increase in the sugar content in the body contributes to the activation of stone formation processes and increases the amount of cholesterol produced by the cells of the liver tissue.
- Exclusion from the menu of extractive components. Such as meat. Fish and mushroom broths.
- Introduction to the diet of food. Which are rich in magnesium, such foods can be nuts, oatmeal and buckwheat.
- The introduction of a sufficient number of products with lipotropic properties and lecithin, which is a cholesterol antagonist. Such products are cottage cheese, buckwheat and oatmeal, kernels of sunflower seeds. Lecithin is found in large quantities in buckwheat porridge, green peas and vegetable oil obtained from sunflower.
- An introduction to the diet menu of vegetable oil is mandatory.
- Introduction to the menu of seafood, which are sources of iodine intake. This element helps to normalize the exchange of cholesterol.
- It is obligatory to include components in which there is a high content of vitamin A. This component prevents the formation of stones. Vitamin A is found in large quantities in carrots, feta cheese. Sour cream and cottage cheese.
- To increase and improve the outflow of bile, it is recommended to consume food fractional - at least 6 times a day. In small portions. It should increase the fluid intake, water should drink at least 2 liters of water.
The total energy value of the daily diet should be approximately equal to 2500 kcal, but if there are signs of obesity, the total caloric content of food should be reduced by eliminating sugar, flour products and butter from the diet.
Cholesterosis Recommended Food
To prepare meals while observing dietary nutrition, heat treatment of products by baking, boiling, stewing is used.
The food consumed should be fresh and at a normal temperature.
The temperature of food consumed should be close to body temperature.
Patients with cholesterosis detection are recommended to use the following dishes when preparing a diet for a week:
- First meal. Vegetarian soups, borscht, beetroot soup. Soup should be prepared only on the basis of vegetable broths. In the cooking process, you can add approved for eating cereals or pasta.
- Meat. You can eat chicken meat. Turkey or rabbit. Meat is first required to boil and then from it you can cook the cabbage pilaf or bake in the oven. Also, their boiled meat can be cooked stew. Using these types of meat you can cook patties or steamed meatballs.
- Fish and seafood. In food, you can use low-fat fish. Fish should have a fat content of not more than 5%. These types of fish are navaga, pike or hake. The fish is boiled or baked after boiling, you can also make fish cutlets, souffles, or stuff carcasses.
- Vegetable dishes can be used salads from fresh vegetables, made on the basis of grated carrots, cucumbers and cabbage, both in fresh and in a fermented form. When cooking salads, vinegar and fresh onions should not be added to their composition. As a dressing, you can use vegetable oil and fresh herbs. You can use baked or steamed vegetables for food. Onions in vegetable dishes are added only in stewed form.
- Dishes from cereals. The most useful are buckwheat and oatmeal. Dried fruits and vegetables can be added to these cereals. With the use of cereals, you can cook casseroles. Allowed to eat vermicelli and pasta made from durum wheat.
- Allowed the introduction into the diet of low-fat sour-milk beverages and cottage cheese. You can also eat non-acute varieties of cheese.
- A day can eat no more than two proteins and 0.5 yolks, which are used in the recipe of cooking other dishes or omelettes, steamed.
- Bread can be eaten dried or stale, in addition it is allowed to add biscuits and biscuits in the diet.
- Oil should be used vegetable. Butter is required to limit or even eliminate.
- Fruits. Allowed sweet fruits and berries in raw form, as well as compotes, mousses, jelly, jam or jam. Sugar from the composition of jam is better to exclude, replacing it with fructose or xylitol.
As a drink should be consumed tea with the addition of milk. Weak coffee, vegetable and fruit juices. Useful dogrose infusion, brewed in a thermos during the night.
Also useful infusion collection, consisting of a leaf of strawberries, mint and chamomile flowers.
Sample patient menu for one day
With an appropriate approach to the development of daily and weekly menus, the diet of the patient can be quite varied.
Such an approach will allow a person to fully eat, supplying the body with all the necessary nutrients, bioactive components, macro- and microelements and vitamins.
Meals should be multiple and fractional. A day should be at least five to six meals in small portions.
The entire daily diet can be divided into the first breakfast; lunch; dinner; afternoon tea and dinner.
The first breakfast may include in its composition fish steamed patties, dairy porridge made from rice, ground sugar-free, and weak tea without sugar. The weight of the components should be as follows:
- Fish cutlets - 100-110 grams.
- Milk porridge - 250 grams.
- Loose tea - 200 grams.
The second breakfast may include in its composition the following dishes - low-fat cottage cheese weighing 100 grams, an apple baked with a small amount of sugar, weighing -100-120 grams.
The composition of the dinner can include the following dishes:
- soup of sea lean fish with the addition of vegetables - 250 grams;
- boiled fish, you can use cod - 100 grams;
- boiled vermicelli - 100 grams;
- fruit jelly without sugar in the form of a dessert - 125 grams;
Snack can consist of a protein omelet, steamed - 150 grams and a decoction of rose hips weighing 200 grams.
For dinner, you can cook boiled shrimp - 100 grams, mashed potatoes - 150 grams, salad, consisting of seaweed - 100 grams, sweet tea - one glass.
200 grams of bread and sugar in the amount of 25-30 grams are allowed for the whole day.
Prohibited Cholesterosis Products
In identifying the disease, the patient must follow a diet and all recommendations of the attending physician.
This is necessary to obtain positive trends in the treatment of the disease.
There is a whole list of foods that are forbidden to use when gallbladder cholesterosis.
Products prohibited to use when detecting a disease are:
- Any liquor.
- Fatty meat and offal.
- Confectionery products containing cream with a high content of animal fats, chocolates, ice cream and cocoa.
- Rich meat broth.
- Raw onions.
- Horseradish and pepper.
- Any spicy and fatty sauces, mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard.
- Culinary fats, lard, margarine.
- Fatty cottage cheese varieties, sour cream with a high percentage of fat and cream.
- Any fried and spicy dishes.
In case of detection of the disease, in addition to dieting, it is required to exercise physical activity on the body. Very useful are walks in the fresh air. It is recommended to take such walks at least one hour a day.
Walking in the fresh air stimulates the gallbladder, which is useful not only for cholesterosis, but also in identifying such a disease as cholecystitis. The progression of cholesterosis leads to seals in the walls of the gallbladder, and this in turn inhibits the contractility of the organ.
In the process of therapy, in addition to diet and physical activity, you can use special herbal preparations that help facilitate the discharge of bile from the organ cavity to the intestine.
Information about cholesterosis is provided in the video in this article.