In inflammatory diseases caused by bacteria, doctors often prescribe penicillin antibiotics. The list of the most popular drugs are Amosin and Amoxicillin. These drugs include the same active ingredient - amoxicillin - and have a similar effect. In the meantime, patients often wonder which remedy is best.
Characteristics of Amosin
Amosin is an antibacterial drug that belongs to the group of semi-synthetic penicillins. It is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that many aerobic gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria are sensitive to.
Amosin is available in several dosage forms:
- tablets with a dosage of 250 mg;
- tablets with a dosage of 500 mg;
- capsules containing 250 mg of the active substance;
- powder with a dosage of 500 mg (it is used to prepare a suspension).
Amosin is an antibacterial drug that belongs to the group of semi-synthetic penicillins.
Characteristics of Amoxicillin
In the active composition of Amoxicillin there is a component of the same name that has an antimicrobial effect. It is highly effective in combating bacteria, but viruses and fungi are not sensitive to it.
The drug has several forms of release:
- capsules (or tablets) with a dosage of 250 mg of active ingredient;
- capsules and tablets containing 500 mg of the drug;
- powder used to prepare the suspension.
Comparison of Amossin and Amoxicillin
A superficial study of the instructions for Amoxicillin and Amosin can be concluded: drugs have many similar characteristics. Meanwhile, a more detailed consideration allows us to highlight several differences.
All the similarities found in these drugs should be called point by point.
Both in the one and the other preparation only one component is present in the active composition - amoxicillin. This characteristic fully explains the similarities in therapeutic effects and features of admission.
Indications for use
Both drugs are prescribed for diseases of bacterial origin. In the list of diagnoses for which drugs give high efficacy:
- respiratory diseases - pneumonia, bronchitis, tracheitis;
- infectious diseases of upper respiratory tract (maxillary, otitis, sinusitis, pharyngitis);
- inflammation of the urinary system (cystitis, pyelonephritis, urethritis);
- endocarditis development;
- inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (this is cholecystitis, dysentery, salmonellosis, etc.);
- infections of soft tissues and skin (erysipelas, impetigo, dermatosis).
In addition to general indications for use, medications have similar contraindications. Amoxicillin and its analogue Amosin are not recommended to be taken under the following conditions:
- individual intolerance of one of the components of the composition;
- penicillin hypersensitivity;
- bronchial asthma;
- severe digestive disorders;
- hay fever;
- renal failure or other severe renal impairment;
- acute lymphoblastic leukemia;
- patient age 0-3 years;
- allergic diathesis;
- severe liver disease;
- infectious mononucleosis.
Time of action
After oral administration, the effect of drugs is maintained for 8 hours, so the frequency between taking the next dose of the antibiotic is the same in both cases.
Amosin and Amoxicillin are available in tablets and capsules with a dosage of 250 and 500 mg. In 1 ml of the prepared suspension of these drugs contains the same concentration of the active substance.
The response of the body to taking these antimicrobials in adult patients will be the same. In the list of possible side effects:
- nausea, vomiting, stool changes, abdominal pain, bloating, taste changes;
- on the part of the central nervous system possible confusion, anxiety, sleep disturbances, dizziness;
- in case of intolerance of components from the composition, allergic reactions can occur (it is urticaria, itching, erythema, conjunctivitis, swelling);
- in patients suffering from low body resistance, the accession of fungal and viral infections is possible;
A similar composition of drugs and their possible side effects indicate that if an patient is intolerant of one of these antibiotics, the patient will have an identical reaction to the second drug.
Named antimicrobials should be taken very carefully in case of diabetes. For a nursing and pregnant woman, the drug should be prescribed under the supervision of a physician and with dosage adjustment.
What is the difference
A small difference between these antibiotics does exist, it is:
- Auxiliary composition. The capsules and tablets of these drugs may contain various preservatives and dyes. In addition, Amosin suspension includes vanilla, and fruit flavor is included in Amoxicillin suspension.
- Cost One of the main distinguishing characteristics is the price of these drugs.
The cost of Amoxicillin depends on the dosage of the drug and the form of release:
- 500 mg tablets (20 pcs.) - 50-80 rubles;
- 250 mg capsules 250 mg (16 pcs.) - 50-70 rubles;
- 500 mg capsules (16 pcs.) - 100-120 rubles;
- granules for the preparation of suspensions - 100-120 rubles.
Amosin package cost:
- 250 mg tablets (10 pcs.) - 25-35 rubles;
- 500 mg tablets (20 pcs.) - 55-70 rubles;
- powder for the preparation of suspensions - 50-60 rubles.
The simultaneous use of two drugs is strictly prohibited, since these actions lead to an overdose.
What is better - Amosin or Amoxicillin
There is no qualitative and quantitative difference in the active composition of drugs, which indicates a similar effect and the same effectiveness. Amoxicillin and Amosin are equivalent penicillin antibiotics and can interchange each other.
The simultaneous use of two drugs is strictly prohibited, since these actions lead to an overdose. It is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- violations of water and electrolyte balance;
- nausea, repeated vomiting;
- anaphylactic shock;
Veronica, 34 years old, Astrakhan
I froze at work and my ear ached in the evening. She came to the doctor the next day. Otitis was diagnosed and prescribed a comprehensive treatment. Amoxicillin tablets were prescribed as an antibiotic. Saw the medicine according to the prescribed scheme. On the second day, the pains became less. The doctor warned about possible side effects, but there was nothing like that. Tablets propyl a full course, as advised by a doctor.
Natalia, 41 years old, St. Petersburg
The son was diagnosed with laryngitis. There was fever, hoarseness and cough. Pediatrician recommended Amoxicillin in suspension. The child didn’t even have to force him to take the medicine - the suspension smells good and tastes sweet. For 5 days from the symptoms completely got rid of.
Doctors reviews on Amosin and Amoxicillin
Evgeny, therapist, experience in medical practice for 13 years
Amoxicillin and Amosin are similar in composition to antibiotics. In his practice, he prescribed these drugs for bronchitis, laryngitis and other inflammatory diseases, but in some cases the drugs were ineffective. The advantages should be called a relatively low cost.
Olga, pediatrician, experience in medical practice for 8 years
Amosin and Amoxicillin act as effective, widely sought-after drugs from the penicillin lineup. In the treatment of children, it is possible to quickly eliminate pathogens and arrest the symptoms. In addition, the drug is available in powder form for the preparation of suspensions, which is convenient in pediatrics.